Once your WordPress blog is up, enabling call-to-actions such as social bookmarking and sharing content within the community is suggested. In fact, it is through this route that most of your material will become viral. Otherwise, if you’re thinking about ranking in the search engines organically, that might take awhile and quite lonely too.
So let’s talk about the available social plugins that are available out there for you to use on WordPress.
One of my favorites is Sexy Bookmarks by Sharaholic. Not only is it sexy but the many options available makes it an ideal plugin for those who are on the social networks. Also, the ability to include your bit.ly API to shorten URLs is fab.
Here are some more social plugins which have been tested:
- GetSocial – puts a bar to the left of your content/site
- Sharebar – another attractive bar like GetSocial
- Digg Digg – and yet another bar that is popular around the blogosphere
- Share and Follow – affix this bar to any side of your site to have shares/followers
- AddToAny – a simple horizontal bar above or below your posts
- Sociable – these buttons are square and attractive to fit some themes
- Follow Me – this one is similar to Share and Follow, however will pop out
- Share This – another one like Sociable that might suit your taste
Here are some more resources in case you’re interested in exploring further what’s out there: